GRAND TOUR OF IRELAND – 6 NIGHTS
7 Days / 6 Nights, from £5,650 per person
Ancient legends, inspiring natural beauty and vibrant cities—see the highlights of this beautiful country with a complete journey through Ireland. Tours from Dublin on the Belmond Grand Hibernian train are sure to stay with you for a lifetime.
Let yourself be captivated by the charms of the Emerald Isle as you journey in peerless luxury. Anticipate a journey accentuated by magical encounters, world-class cuisine and exceptional service.
All timings and itineraries shown on this website are for your guidance only. Confirmed timings will be supplied with your travel documents. Please ensure you bring your travel documents on the day of your journey.
- Board the train in Dublin in the early afternoon, and savour a delicious afternoon tea as the train begins its journey.
- Arrive in Cork and visit the Jameson Experience. A private tour explores the history of the whiskey-making process, before guests are invited to participate in a tasting session.
- Back on board, your first dinner is served as the train continues to Charleville, where it will stable for the night to ensure a good night’s rest.
- The day starts out with a private tour of Blarney Castle & Gardens where guests will have the opportunity to kiss the legendary Blarney Stone.
- Return to Cork where there is an option to visit the English Market. Browse through the best local produce on sale at this gastronomic hotspot.
- Lunch is served on board before continuing to the Lakes of Killarney. A pony-and-trap tour is followed by a boating excursion across Lough Leane. It’s the perfect opportunity to fish for salmon and trout.
- Head back to the train for dinner as it continues to Tralee and Limerick Junction.
- This morning your journey continues north to Galway for a tour. Lying on the River Corrib, let yourself be enchanted by this romantic city.
- Lunch will be served at a local pub. Guinness, oysters and live music set the scene for a fun-filled afternoon. Later, there will be an optional visit to the stunning Cliffs of Moher.
- Return to the train for dinner as the train continues on to Athlone.
- Breakfast is accompanied by stunning pastoral views from your cabin’s windows as the train continues to Westport.
- Disembark for an excursion to Ashford Castle. Activities available include clay pigeon shooting, archery and falconry.
- Your journey back to the train winds through the stunning Connemara National Park, stopping en-route for a traditional sheepdog trial.
- Back on board enjoy a delicious dinner along with local entertainment before retiring to your plush cabin.
- Your journey winds back towards Dublin where you can enjoy an optional half-day tour of the vibrant Irish capital.
- Key sights include Trinity College, home to the ancient Book of Kells, the 12th-century St Patrick’s Cathedral and the lively Temple Bar district.
- Rejoin the train and set off for a private, guided tour of The Titanic Experience in Belfast, a fascinating attraction exploring the history of the famed ocean liner.
- After breakfast alight to visit the Giant’s Causeway, a site brimming with natural beauty and the inspiration for one of Ireland’s most famous legends—the rivalry between the giants Finn MacCool and Benandonner.
- Those daring enough can choose to cross the Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge, connecting a small offshore island to the mainland.
- Continue to the Old Bushmills Distillery where a tour details the history of the renowned 400-year-old whiskey.
- Guests will also have the opportunity to sample some of the products.
- A spectacular farewell dinner on board and spirited local entertainments will provide a fitting end to your journey.
- Breakfast is served as the train continues to Dublin, its final destination. Disembark for your onward travel arrangements.