LEGENDS AND LOUGHS – 4 NIGHTS
5 Days / 4 Nights, from £3,950 per person
Experience the ultimate in Irish holidays and uncover the hidden gems of the Emerald Isle aboard the luxurious Belmond Grand Hibernian train.
Let yourself be taken by the spirit of adventure. Visit thrilling destinations as the train crosses through postcard-perfect scenery. Dine on lovingly prepared cuisine, enriched by the finest regional ingredients, while traditional local entertainment aboard brings each memorable day to a close.
ITINERARY & TIMETABLE
Day 1 ::
- Depart from Dublin in the early afternoon and travel to Cork, enjoying afternoon tea en-route.
- Arrive in Cork in the early evening and transfer to the Jameson Experience for a private tour. Learn about the history of the whiskey-making process before a tasting session.
- Rejoin the train for a spectacular dinner as it continues to Charleville for the night.
Day 2 ::
- After breakfast, head off for a private tour of Blarney Castle and Gardens, home to the fabled Blarney Stone.
- Return to Cork for an optional visit to the English Market, a spectacular culinary enclave selling the best local ingredients.
- After lunch, continue to the Lakes of Killarney. A tour by traditional jaunting car, or pony and trap, is followed by a boating excursion on Lough Leane and the option to fish for trout and salmon.
- Back on board, dinner is served as the train journeys towards Tralee then back to Limerick Junction for the night.
Day 3 ::
- Enjoy breakfast as the train heads north towards Galway, where you will alight for a city tour. Take the opportunity to visit one of the many local craft centres.
- Lunch will be served at a local pub, accompanied by live music, Guinness and oysters.
- An optional excursion to the dramatic Cliffs of Moher will also be available during the day.
- Head back on board for dinner as the train continues on to Athlone where it will stable for the night.
Day 4 ::
- Relax as the train winds through the countryside towards Westport.
- Alight for a transfer to Ashford Castle, where clay pigeon shooting, falconry and archery are on offer in the hotel’s grounds.
- Depart from the castle and head through the otherworldly Connemara National Park, stopping en-route for a traditional sheepdog trial.
- Rejoin the train and savour a farewell gala dinner.
Day 5 ::
- The train makes its final journey back to Dublin, where you will disembark for your onward travel arrangements.
[/jbox] [/jcolumns] All timings and itineraries shown on this website are for your guidance only. Confirmed timings will be supplied with your travel documents. Please ensure you bring your travel documents on the day of your journey.