Orient Express La Dolce Vita – Rome, Venice & Portofino: a majestic journey
2 Night Journey – Depart and Return to RomeTravel on an unforgettable two night journey through Italy, discovering the secrets of Venice and the wonders of the charming Italian Riviera village, Portofino. Your journey will commence and return to Rome. Your itinerary includes private visits to the historic sites of the Serenissima and an exclusive boat trip on the canals, as well as a solo visit to Saint Mark’s Basilica. In Portofino, enjoy an aperitif in one of Portofino’s picturesque bars overlooking the bay, followed by a lunch in a landmark address from the Dolce Vita era. This luxury rail itinerary can also be enhanced with a pre or post hotel stay in Rome.
- Round Trip
- Two Nights Aboard Orient Express La Dolce Vita
- All meals and beverages included in fare
- Excursions & Entertainment
Guide Price from £1,799pp per nightbased on £/€ exchange rate on 11 Jan 2023
ROME – VENICE – PORTOFINO – ROME
- Round Trip, Three Days – Two Nights
- After hours tour of Saint Mark’s Basilica
- Lunch in Portofino – La Dolce Vita style!
- Day 1 – Depart Rome Ostiense Station 10:30
- Day 3 – Return Rome Ostiense Station 08:30
Day One aboard the Orient Express La Dolce Vita
- Board the Orient Express La Dolce Vita at Rome Ostiense Station
- enjoy an Italian-style gourmet lunch in the Dining Car followed by a traditional gourmet Tea Time
- At 6pm, arrive in Venice for your private visits to Serenissima and an exclusive boat trip on the canals. When night falls, enjoy a solo visit to Saint Mark’s Basilica, a majestic temple – without any tourists
- As the clock hits midnight, head from Venice to Portofino
Day Two aboard the Orient Express La Dolce Vita
- Enjoy breakfast on board
- Arrive at the Santa Margherita Ligure station and transfer to Portofino. Experience aperitif in one of Portofino’s picturesque bars overlooking the bay, followed by a lunch in a landmark address from the Dolce Vita era
- Return to the train and observe the view of the Gulf of Tigullio and its magical landscapes.
- Leave Portofino and enjoy an evening of dining, cocktails and wine, as the notes of the piano resound.
Day Three aboard Orient Express La Dolce Vita
- Breakfast is served, before arriving back in Rome.