Venice Simplon-Orient-Express – Venice to London Itinerary
Let Your Journey Begin
Look ahead with unbridled delight and prepare to step back into a more sophisticated age as you embark on this much-loved and coveted rail journey.
- Train departs around 11am
- After you have settled into your comfortable cabin, a sumptuous three-course lunch is served in one of the beautifully restored restaurant cars, there are two sittings approximately 12-12:30 and 1-1:30pm.
- Enjoy a relaxing day on board as the train travels through the beautiful scenery of the Italian Dolomites.
- An indulgent afternoon tea is served in your cabin, served at approximately 4:30pm.
- Arrive Innsbruck at 17:27 Depart 18:03
- You may wish to enjoy an aperitif in the convivial Bar Car before dinner, a lavish four-course affair served in another of the magnificent restaurant cars.
- There are two dinner sittings 7.30pm and 9.30pm
- Dress Code
- Later, listen to the resident pianist tickling the ivories of the baby grand and chat to fellow passengers.
- Retire to your cabin which has now been transformed into a cosy bedroom
- The next morning a Continental breakfast is served in your cabin as the train arrives at Paris Gare de l’Est approximately 07:35, where the train will halt for a period ( 40 minutes approximately), where you can alight and stretch your legs on the platform at this point
- A delicious brunch is served as you travel on towards the Channel, served approximately 11:30am
- At Calais Ville Station you are escorted by coach to the Shuttle terminal at Coquelles before travelling onward through the Channel Tunnel.
One thing is certain: you can never be overdressed. Many gentlemen choose to wear black tie for dinner while ladies don elegant cocktail dresses. At the least, we ask gentlemen
to wear a jacket and tie for dinner. During the day, smart-casual is the norm, excluding jeans and sport shoes.
The Venice Simplon-Orient-Express train is quite unlike anything you will ever experience….
From the 1920s to the ‘30s the carriages of the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express train played a significant role in the golden age of travel.
Today, every carriage has been lovingly restored to its former glory, recreating one of the finest luxury experiences the world has ever known.
Relax in an opulent cabin while a dedicated steward attends to your every need.
- At Folkestone you join the Belmond British Pullman, sister train of the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express, for the journey to London.
- Indulge in a traditional English afternoon tea, accompanied by a glass of sparkling English rosé, as the train courses through the verdant Kent countryside, served around 4:30pm.
- Disembark at London Victoria station around 17:30 for your onward arrangements.