Venice Simplon-Orient-Express – Two Legends Meet: Portofino
3 Night itinerary including an overnight journey aboard the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express from London (via Eurostar) to Portofino & Two nights in Splendido, A Belmond Hotel. Travel dates from 20th to 23rd June 2024.*
For the first time in history, the iconic Venice Simplon-Orient-Express is heading to the liguirian Coast – Destination: Portofino!
This special edition journey will take you through the French Countryside and along the coastlines of the French and Italian Riviera, via some of the most picturesque landscapes. Embrace the golden age as this iconic Art Deco masterpiece invites you into its luxurious grasp.
Your trip will conclude with a two night stay at the Splendido, A Belmond Hotel, Portofino, where you’ll enjoy a spectacular Gala dinner event with menu designed by renowned chef, Jeam Imbert.
*A similar itinerary in June 2025 can be booked (some exclusions apply) – please ask for details.
- Unique & Exclusive Route to Portofino
- Eurostar from London to Paris
- Twin Cabin aboard the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express
- Two Nights at Splendido, A Belmond Hotel, Portofino
- Gala dinner with Influential Chef Jean Imbert
- Cinema in Piazzetta – screening under the stars followed by dinner
- Return flight from Genoa to London (regional available)
Guide Price from £8,250pp
Paris to Portofino aboard the Venice-Simplon-Orient-Express
Full Package Details
London to Portofino – Detailed Itinerary
Day One: Travel to Paris with overnight* (*optional at additional cost) in Paris
- Board the Eurostar at London St Pancras
- After travelling through the Eurostar tunnel to Paris Gare Du Nord, transfer to a select hotel and enjoy an evening of Parisian hospitality
Day Two: Aboard the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express
- Private Car transfer to Paris Gare De l’Est and board the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express train
- Enjoy a delicious four-course dinner, prepared by our skilled French chefs.
- After dinner retire to your cabin, which has now been transformed into a cosy bedroom.
Day Three: Aboard the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express
- Spend the morning relaxing in your cabin or in the Bar Car chatting to fellow guests.
- Enjoy a leisurely three-course lunch which is served in another one of the beautiful restaurant cars.
- All too soon it is time to prepare to disembark as the train for car transfer to Belmond Hotel Splendido.
- Tonight is the exclusive Gala dinner event with renowned chef Jean Imbert at La Terrazza
- At leisure at the remarkable Hotel Splendido
- Pre-arranged private airport transfer
- Flight from Genoa to London (other options available)
BELMOND HOTEL SPLENDIDO PORTOFINO
Paris – Things to See & Do
- Eiffel Tour – No trip to Paris would be complete without seeing or climbing this iconic landmark (it’s even more dazzling at night time)
- Moulin Rouge – See a famous show with dinner and drinks. Expect a flurry of feathers, sequins and risqué moves
- The Louvre – Home to the Mona Lisa
- Cruise the Seine – Enjoy dining and the views of Paris from the Seine River
- Montmartre – A charming village on a hill with cobbled streets, stunning Basilica, artists and bistros
Portofino – Things to See & Do
- Private boat tour – Admire the coast from the water and be dazzled by the colourful scenery
- Portofino Marina – Known as one of the most famous ports in the world, feel like a VIP as you watch the yachts anchored at the berths
- Brown’s Castle – Walk uphill to this 15th century castle filled with history
- Shopping – Expect glamorous brands and luxury shops
- San Martino Church – An ancient church located in the centre. Marble columns, connected with arches, gold ornaments, and colorful, valuable paintings decorate the interior
To Book or simply find out more -
Our travel team are here to help