Venice Simplon-Orient-Express – Paris to Bourg-Saint-Maurice
Depart Paris Gare de Lyon / Arrive Bourg-Saint-Maurice
Debuting in December 2023, the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express train for the first time ever will travel to the Rhône-Alpes region, allowing guests to combine a luxury rail journey to or from Paris with a skiing holiday.
Expect to admire alpine passes, snow-capped mountains and enchanting forests along your journey from one captivating location to another.
This particular route takes you from Paris to Bourg-Saint-Maurice, located in the stunning Tarentaise Valley — the heart of ski country. Prepare to be taken back in time to the Golden Age of Travel as you board the gleaming carriages in Paris. Settle into your cabin before your evening begins with a superb four course dinner in one of the restaurant cars, prepared by skilled on board chefs using the finest ingredients. Following an evening of dining and cocktails, you’ll awake in the Rhône-Alpes and be served a French breakfast, later followed by brunch as you arrive into your destination.
Please note – in addition to train only, we can offer a full package inclusive of flights, in resort transfers, hotels and ski arrangements.
- Fine Dining
- Food Included
- Unique Experiences
- Authentic Vintage Cabins
- Route only available in December
- Available as Inclusive Tour
Guide Price £3,785 pp
- Other Destinations
Paris to Bourg-Saint-Maurice Train Itinerary & Timetable
Travel on the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express train from Paris to Bourg-Saint-Maurice. Depart Paris late afternoon for your luxurious overnight journey to Bourg-Saint-Maurice, where you arrive early afternoon the next day.
Day One: Aboard the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express
- Board the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express train at Paris Gare de Lyon, your steward will show you to your cabin.
- After settling into your comfortable cabin, take time to admire the passing views or make your way to the Bar Car and listen to the live pianist.
- Enjoy a delicious four-course dinner in one of the restaurant cars, prepared by our skilled French chefs.
- After dinner, return to the bar car to mingle with fellow guests or retire to your cabin, which has now been transformed into a cosy bedroom.
Day Two: Aboard the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express
- You awake to the magnificent scenery of the Rhône-Alpes as breakfast is served in your cabin at a time to suit you.
- Spend the morning relaxing in your cabin, admiring the snow-capped peaks and pristine alpine lakes.
- Enjoy a delicious brunch in one of the restaurant cars, before arriving at your destination.